Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Lidar - mount threaded...

Redesign of the encoder wheel needed to happen today. I did fit the parts and I'm quite proud of how it is turning out. 



The mounted pulley is flush just like the CAD. However, I found an issue with the support material because my second pass on the design just wasn't good enough for manufacturability. I need really flat surfaces from the raft on the encoder to improve the overall print quality.


I have separated the pulley pins into threaded rods, and I am using them to the mount the lidar on top of the pulley as well. 


The isolation ring on the bottom has become it's own slip in part. I will likely have to epoxy it into the channel for now. This will provide prints with zero support material for the encoder wheel - and this should reduce the noise on the sensor by quite a lot. I may add snap tabs (like I already did for the lidar mount).


The top of the pulley also has the three snap tabs. I am quite please with how these turned out. They snap right into to the lidar mount and the fit is pretty snug. I seem to have sized it very closely.


No comments:

Post a Comment