Monday, July 6, 2015

Lidar Rethinking...

I could hear the voice of the Camp Peavy in the back of my mind, as I was finishing up the assembly, saying, "You're doin' it all wrong!" I thought I would get clever and put the pulley teeth on the bottom... but this has it's own issues.



And Camp would have been correct too. I thought I was basically assembling the part upside down... turns out I wasn't but now I need to hybrid the two ideas. The problem with the pulley teeth on the bottom is that the encoder is too high and interferes with the sender/receiver.




Clearly I was on the right track the first time. All I really needed to do was lower the slip ring under the gear (as I did in the first time I heard Camp's voice in my head). The second time I heard "you're doin' it all wrong!" was because I missed the measurement on the optical interrupter cover.

Oh well... As Marvin the Martian says, "well... back to the drawing board." Hey, it's Monday, so my notion that I would be 3D printing today - was not an incorrect assumption!

No comments:

Post a Comment